Mkilbride, on 13 December 2012 - 10:55 AM, said:
I felt no need to look into it further.
Everyone, in-game, was saying, that Legacy, was players whom had bought, and played, the game before ARR. This was in an email, I had received, as well as what other players told me, and what fan sites were reporting.
It was not until the other day, where I found this out, as I never had a reason to go to their help center prior. I thought it was pretty obvious I'd be legacy. Afterall, I was in the Alpha, Beta, and Retail, and I had the CE, and I had played for a deal of time for ARR. I just feel stiffed is all.
Not self-entitlement, just they should have explained it properly. I thought it would be silly do sub for more than a month in 2012, as they promised a ARR in January 2012, so I wasn't going to waste my money on a game that was about to entirely change, but I did really enjoy the game itself, but didn't feel paying 12.99$ monthly was really worth it for a game that was going to completely revamp. However, my 75$ CE, and my few months paid subs all together, not making me a Legacy player, is a little insulting.
1. Buying the game box don't count
2. Nobody paid between september 2010 and january 2012 because it was for free during this time
3. It say clear that you need 90 days to be paid, not played
4. I don't know where you have january 2012 as the arr release date from. First release date (in the roadmap that came 2011) it say post january 2013. January 2012 was the payment service starting date.
5. Nobody paid 12,99$ monthly. From january until september 2012 it costed 9,99$ monthly
It is not SE fault if you don't check your infos on the official site.
This post has been edited by Rotkristall: 13 December 2012 - 01:44 PM