I'm putting something together over here and I want to make sure I cover all the possible questions or concerns about the PlayStation 3 client ONLY.
Again, if you have questions about the PS3 client please post them. I'm trying to organize all the information in a central place that the Core will then post later that should ease the transition for new and current players alike. If my information is wrong please post or message me and let me know (with source) so I can fix it.
One again, please ONLY post QUESTIONS or ANSWERS to those questions about the PLAYSTATION 3 CLIENT. If you can link the source that would greatly help as well!
PlayStation 3 Client Information (as of 11/21/2012)
- Currently we know that playing A Realm Reborn on the PlayStation 3 will require the user to purchase said ps3 copy of the game. It’s clear that those with account made through their PC’s that they’ll be able to use those characters in either platform.
- It’s not yet known if there will be a digital purchase option for the Ps3 as well as a retail box.
- The Ps3 version will have it’s own UI (User Interface) See image below
- Adjusting display location and size is currently available in the PS3 UI options.
- The font is FIXED for the Playstation 3 version
- Playstation 3 exclusive servers are not being planned.
- There is still a Playstation 3 beta schedule planned.
- Yoshi-P’s goal is to keep the ps3 size as close to 10 gigs as possible for launch.
- They are looking to the option for upgrade options to Collectors editions for ARR
- Both the PC and PS3 versions will go live at the same time
- PS3 resolution is 1280x544 but stretched to 1280x720 due to possible blurring
- PS3 graphical options will be fixed and non adjustable
- PS3 frame rate cap will be set at 30. Can go lower, not higher. (XIII/XIII-2 for comparable reference)
- The goal is to maintain a frame rate of 30 with a 24 person party on screen.
- Full HD is possible but not likely. Citing memory limitations.
- No PS3 Alpha.
- PS3 Beta will begin after phase 2 or 3 of the PC version.